Selcom Tanzania offers the Tanzanian market:
- Electronic value distribution, facilitating airtime recharge, subscriptions and bill payments, operating the single biggest portfolio of billers for utilities and prepaid airtime.
- Mobile commerce and mobile payment solutions to major banks and mobile operators in Tanzania, with direct connectivity to all telecom operators.
- Mobile banking services to some of the largest banks in Tanzania, including Standard Chartered Bank, Barclays Bank, Tanzania Postal Bank, Exim Bank, Dar es Salaam Community Bank and Akiba Commercial Bank, to name a few, as well as operating utility gateways for Airtel Money, Vodafone M-pesa, Tigo Pesa, Zantel Z-pesa, and NMB.
- The country’s largest cardless multi-product POS network with almost 5,000+ active terminals in Tanzania and 500+ in Rwanda under the PayPoint brand, operating the entire ecosystem-commercial and technical-in-house, from:
- vendor sign-up
- technical support
- customer care
- liquidity management
- platform development, integration, maintenance, support and administration
- Agency banking for a number of key banking clients.
- POS cash-in/cash-out services on PayPoint for Vodacom M-pesa, Tigo Pesa and Airtel Money to supplement agent network and liquidity.
- Vodacom M-PESA Super-agent, providing float services to Vodacom M-PESA Agents around the country.
In 2013, a subsidiary was established in Uganda. Initial projects are in the pipeline and are due to be released soon.