What is the Selcom Card?
Selcom Card is a prepaid card which allows the user to make cashless purchases of goods and services, as well as online and bill payments at any Selcom agent and merchant location.
What are the benefits of using the Selcom Card?
Safe, Secure and PIN protected
- No need to carry cash
- Ability to block the card if lost by dialing *150*50# or through mobile app
- Strong distribution & agent network with more than 15,000 terminals countrywide
- 24/7 customer care service
WHAT can I use the Card FOR?
The Selcom Card can be used for;
- Merchant & retail payments via POS
- M-commerce transactions
- Online payments
HOW can I use the card?
The card features can be accessed by dialing *150*50#, by downloading the mobile app (iOS and Android) and through tap & pay at merchant locations for;
- Cashless payments for goods and services
- Utility payments (LUKU, DAWASCO, NHC, TFDA, National Stadium tickets, TV subscriptions) airtime recharge, online payments etc.
- Immediate funds transfer to/from mobile wallets, other Selcom Cards and bank accounts.
How can I get the Selcom Card?
Visit any Selcom Paypoint agent or Selcom shop with a registered mobile phone number and TZS 3,000 only.
How can I activate the Card?
Dial *150*50# enter card number, enter first name and last time. Redial *150*50# to enter a PIN of your choice. PIN can be changed at any time after registration.
How can I top up the Selcom Card?
- Using cash at any Selcom Paypoint agent/shop
- From another Selcom Card
- Through mobile banking (Akiba Commercial Bank, Exim Bank, CBA Bank, Tanzania Postal Bank, Mkombozi Bank, DCB, Yetu Microfinance Bank and Stanbic Bank)
- Through mobile money (Airtel Money) using business number 172255 and entering your Selcom Card number or phone number attached to your Selcom Card as the reference number
Lost/Stolen Card and replacement
In case the Selcom Card is lost or stolen, immediately block the card using the USSD card menu or mobile app and report the loss to the nearest Police station. You will need a loss report from the Police station and your ID to request for a card replacement at the Selcom office.
HOW DO I WITHDRAW CASH FROM MY SELCOM CARD?
Visit any Selcom agent and request a cash withdraw by way of token or simply by tapping your card on the Selcom POS machine
What is the Selcom Card spending limit per day?
What is the maximum loading amount?
What is the minimum loading amount?
To download the Selcom Card flyer click here. It provides some general information about the card and our merchant locations.
Stay tuned as we add more to the Selcom Card!
Merchant locations accepting Selcom Card